We are recruiting Assistant Managers to provide high-quality support and positive outcomes for young people leaving care including unaccompanied asylum seeking young people.
The role reports to the Service Director. The ideal candidate would have management experience or functioned as a Senior Support worker in a similar setting previously and be willing to take a hands on approach. The role is initially on a temporary contract and can become permanent for the right after a 6 month probationary period.
- NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People or Health & Social Care (or equivalent) and progressing towards a higher level.
- Minimum of three years’ experience within Semi Independent and Supported Living Services.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of safeguarding processes, support planning, health and safety and risk assessments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent relationship building skills
- Passionate about making a genuine difference in the lives of Young People and staying positive and seeing the best in Young People
- Fully flexible from Monday – Sundays and bank holidays
- Be able to motivate staff and support them to meet their goals and objectives
- Assist in the recruitment of Support Workers
- Conduct monthly staff supervision.
- Able to manage own and team workload, ensuring priorities and deadlines are met
- Full UK driving licence with access to a car and business insurance
- Experience and ability to support and manage staff, including completing the staff rota and ensure we have the cover for shifts
- Experience and ability to manage safeguarding concerns and enquiries
In return you can expect the following benefits:
- Constant training and development
- Great opportunities to progress in the future with a growing company.
Avisant Care and Support Services is committed to safeguarding vulnerable children and young people. All applicants for employment working with our young people will undergo a rigorous vetting process which includes identity and DBS police background checks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.