We are recruiting an HR Advisor to help develop and manage our HR function. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge and previous experience of UK employment legislation. The roles involves:
- Resolving manager and employee issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Providing knowledge of HR operations, policies and processes and to act as an intermediary with other teams.
- Investigating possible solutions for complex cases that require specialist knowledge and an ability to use judgement
- Focusing on bringing consistency and efficiency to our global and regional processes.
- Managing or supporting with various project related activities
Specific responsibilities include:
- Redundancies – Partner with Senior Management across the business to support the end to end redundancy process including the finalising of all paperwork and supporting both managers and employees from initial communication through to termination of employment.
- Performance – Support the initial investigations for those needing support with performance coaching
- Leave of Absence Support – Support both managers and employees during a leave of absence such as sickness, maternity/paternity leave and unpaid leave.
- General Support – Advise managers and employees on general queries relating to HR policies and procedures.
- Act as an escalation point for the HR Answers Team where support is needed outside the specific HR policies/specialist HR teams. Pick up queries that require investigation and an ability to think outside the box.
- Core Projects – Work on core projects, ad hoc admin tasks and support key HR initiatives as required
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to influence stakeholders and feel comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Client-service focused team player who operates with a sense of urgency and professionalism. Knows when to escalate matters for appropriate resolution.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills; identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause and mitigate risk to the firm.
- Proficient in MS Office particularly with Excel
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent Human Resources experience preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.